Brandon Vance, Hardanger Fiddle & Scottish Fiddle
Fiddle traditions of Norway and Scotland duel and fuse together in this concert featuring Scottish fiddler Brandon Vance and Young Chamber Players alumna Rachel Nesvig.
Korine Fujiwara, viola; Carol Ou, cello
- Dave Brubeck: Blue Rondo À La Turk
- Erberk Eryilmaz: Dances of the Yogurt Maker
- Korine Fujiwara: Fiddle Suite Montana
- Vittorio Monti: Czardas
- Lev “Ljova” Zhurbin: Culai
The Carpe Diem String Quartet brings us string quartets inspired by folk music from every corner of the world.
Rossitza Goza & Evgeny Zvonnikov, violins;
Vesselin Todorov, viola; Emmanuel Lopez, cello
- Franz Joseph Haydn: String Quartet in C major, Op. 20 No. 2
- Samuel Jones: String Quartet No. 1
- Felix Mendelssohn: String Quartet in E minor, Op. 44, No. 2
This program, performed by Texas’ “Harrington String Quartet” explores connections between the masterworks of the past and the work of Samuel Jones, Tacoma resident and former Composer-in-Residence of the Seattle Symphony.
SCCS’s Young Chamber Players has already generated a generation of new and exciting young music professionals and chamber music lovers! Come hear the “post-millennial” generation of chamber musicians at this exciting event.
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata for Violin and Piano, Op. 12, No. 1
- Marcus Paus: Trio for Clarinet, Violin, & Piano
- Leonard Bernstein: Sonata for Clarinet and Piano
- Igor Stravinksy: Suite from “L’Histoire du Soldat”
The invention of the piano and the clarinet in the late eighteenth century brought about new possibilities of sonority in the world of chamber music. However, it was not until the twentieth century that composers chose to combine the sonority of the clarinet, violin, and piano into a unique mélange of sound. Join us as we explore these instruments separately and as we explore the past and future of this unique sonority.