- Jean Sibelius: Selected Songs
- Yjrö Kilpinen: Selected Songs
- Erkki Melartin: Selected Songs
- Oskar Merikanto: Selected Songs
- Einar Englund: Sonata for Violin and Piano
- J.S. Bach: Selected Arias
2017 marks the 500th anniversary of the Lutheran Reformation, and the 100th anniversary of Finnish independence. Both occasions created new aesthetics and traditions in music. Join us as we explore this rich heritage!
The Young Chamber Players is turning fifteen years old! That calls for a party—and a fundraiser! Join us as current and past Young Chamber Players perform and tell us about what the program has meant to them.
Jennifer Caine, violin; Sally Singer Tuttle, cello
Oksana Ezhokina, piano
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Piano Trio in D minor, Op. 70, No.1, “Ghost”
- Ryan Woodhouse: “Taured”(Composition Competition Winner)
- Piotr Tchaikovsky: Piano Trio in A minor, Op. 50
The award-winning Volta Piano Trio returns, performing the winning composition of SCCS’s Young Composer’s Contest, “Taured” by Ryan Woodhouse.
- Ludwig van Beethoven: An die ferne Geliebte, Op. 98
- James Bernhard: Schilflieder
- Antonin Dvořák: Biblical Songs, Op. 99
The human voice provided the ultimate vehicle in expressing the despairing longings and the ecstatic fulfillments omnipresent in Romantic literature and verse. Baritone Ryan Bede brings us the poetry of this time, from composers of the past and present.
Brandon Vance, Hardanger Fiddle & Scottish Fiddle
Fiddle traditions of Norway and Scotland duel and fuse together in this concert featuring Scottish fiddler Brandon Vance and Young Chamber Players alumna Rachel Nesvig.
Korine Fujiwara, viola; Carol Ou, cello
- Dave Brubeck: Blue Rondo À La Turk
- Erberk Eryilmaz: Dances of the Yogurt Maker
- Korine Fujiwara: Fiddle Suite Montana
- Vittorio Monti: Czardas
- Lev “Ljova” Zhurbin: Culai
The Carpe Diem String Quartet brings us string quartets inspired by folk music from every corner of the world.
Rossitza Goza & Evgeny Zvonnikov, violins;
Vesselin Todorov, viola; Emmanuel Lopez, cello
- Franz Joseph Haydn: String Quartet in C major, Op. 20 No. 2
- Samuel Jones: String Quartet No. 1
- Felix Mendelssohn: String Quartet in E minor, Op. 44, No. 2
This program, performed by Texas’ “Harrington String Quartet” explores connections between the masterworks of the past and the work of Samuel Jones, Tacoma resident and former Composer-in-Residence of the Seattle Symphony.
SCCS’s Young Chamber Players has already generated a generation of new and exciting young music professionals and chamber music lovers! Come hear the “post-millennial” generation of chamber musicians at this exciting event.
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonata for Violin and Piano, Op. 12, No. 1
- Marcus Paus: Trio for Clarinet, Violin, & Piano
- Leonard Bernstein: Sonata for Clarinet and Piano
- Igor Stravinksy: Suite from “L’Histoire du Soldat”
The invention of the piano and the clarinet in the late eighteenth century brought about new possibilities of sonority in the world of chamber music. However, it was not until the twentieth century that composers chose to combine the sonority of the clarinet, violin, and piano into a unique mélange of sound. Join us as we explore these instruments separately and as we explore the past and future of this unique sonority.